Arsenal 3 – 0 BATE Borisov Football Highlights (5 – 1 Agg)
(UEFA Europa League)
Venue : Emirates Stadium
Key Moments Recap
:Goal : 4′ Zakhar Volkov (o.g.) 1 – 0
Arsenal work it over to the right, where Aubameyang leaves Filipovic chasing shadows. He crosses low into the six-yard box where Volkov looks like he’s got time to get it away but in almost slow motion, he stoops and controls the ball into the far corner of his own net under no pressure.
Goal : 39′ Shkodran Mustafi 2 – 0
Arsenal are in front for the first time! Mustafi stoops at the far post to head in Xhaka’s corner from the left and give them the lead in the tie.
There’s big celebrations from Emery on the touchline, he must be a relieved man.
Goal : 60′ Sokratis Papastatho… 3 – 0
Arsenal have the third which should be enough to seal their progression, as Xhaka’s corner from the right beats Scherbitski’s despairing punch and lands on the head of Sokratis, who can’t really miss from six yards at the back post.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (3-0) And Cards
⚽4′ Zakhar Volkov (o.g.) 1 – 0
⚽39′ Shkodran Mustafi 2 – 0
⚽60′ Sokratis Papastatho… 3 – 0
Watch The Highlights below
Arsenal FC : Cech 7, Lichtsteiner 8, Mustafi 7,Koscielny 7, Monreal 7, Guendouzi 7, Xhaka 7, Mkhitaryan 7, Ozil 7, Iwobi 7, Aubameyang 7. Subs – Leno, Sokratis 7, Kolasinac, Torreira 6,
Ramsey, Suarez 6, Nketiah.
BATE Borisov : Scherbitski 7, Filipovic 6, Dragun 6, Skavysh 6, Rios 6, Filipenko 6, Stasevich 6, Volkov 6, Baga 5, Milic 6, Simovic 6. Subs – Chichkan, Yablonski, Berezkin 6, Dubajic 6, Hleb 6, Nemirkon Moukam.
Man Of The Match : Stephan Lichtsteiner (Arsenal)
- Arsenal overturned a first leg defeat in a European two-legged tie for the first time since February 2010, when they knocked out Porto in the Champions League last 16.
- Arsenal have kept three consecutive clean sheets at the Emirates in European competition for the first time since a run of six shut-outs ending in April 2009 (including qualifiers).
- Including qualifiers, Belarusian sides have lost four of their five visits to English clubs in the UEFA Europa League; with only BATE Borisov winning away at Everton in December 2009.
- Arsenal substitutes have scored 13 goals in all competitions this season, more than any other Premier League side.
- Unai Emery has lost just one of his last 17 home games in the UEFA Europa League (W15 D1 L1), his Sevilla side losing 1-2 against Athletic Bilbao in the 2015/16 quarter final second leg.
- Arsenal’s opener against BATE Borisov was their fastest in European competition since Lukas Podolski netted against Galatasaray (2 mins 1 sec) in the Champions League in December 2014.
- Seven of Shkodran Mustafi’s eight goals for Arsenal in all competitions have come via his head.
- Granit Xhaka has provided two assists in a game for Arsenal for only the second time in all competitions, after setting up two goals against Leicester in the Premier League in August 2017.
- Mesut Ozil made his 19th appearance for Arsenal in all competitions this season, playing the full 90 minutes for only the seventh time in 2018-19.