Fulham 0 – 2 Manchester United Football Highlights
(English FA Cup)
Key Moments Recap :
Oh wow, what a strike from Paul Pogba, from a seemingly impossible angle!
Le Marchand loses out needlessly again 30 yards out, and Herrera lifts it over his challenge and spreads for Martial on the left. He finds his fellow Frenchman on the left of the box; Pogba looks up for Lukaku in the box, but instead goes for goal with Rico gambling off his line. He finds the back of the net with a superb effort!
- 23″ 0 – 2 : Anthony Martial
Fulham lose it high up the pitch again, and Jones feeds Martial in his own half. He has 60 yards to goal, but does it all by himself!
On the gallop, and with Odoi tracking back, he slips past Odoi, then Le Marchand, and finds the bottom corner from inside the box. Wow.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (0-2) And Cards
⚽14′ 0 – 1 Paul Pogba
⚽23′ 0 – 2 Anthony Martial
🌕25′ Joe Bryan
🌕38′ Calum Chambers
Watch The Highlights below
Fulham FC : Rico (4), Odoi (3), Le Marchand (3), Ream (5), Bryan (5), Schurrle (5), Chambers (5), Seri (4), Vietto (5), Babel (4), Mitrovic (5).
Subs: Christie (5), Cairney (n/a), Sessegnon (n/a)
Manchester United FC : De Gea (6), Dalot (7), Jones (8), Smalling (8), Shaw (7), Herrera (8), Matic (7), Mata (7), Pogba (9), Martial (9), Lukaku (6).
Subs: Sanchez (6), McTominay (6), Bailly (n/a)
Man Of The Match : Paul Pogba
- Fulham have conceded 58 goals in 26 Premier League games this season; only three sides have shipped more at this stage in the history of the competition.
- Manchester United have won six consecutive away games in all competitions for the first time since May 2009.
- Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has picked up 25 points in the Premier League since taking over in December (W8 D1), more than any other manager has managed in his first nine games in charge of a single club in the competition.
- Manchester United’s Paul Pogba has reached double figures for goals for the first time ever in a single league campaign (11).
- 36% of Paul Pogba’s Premier League goals for Manchester United have come in his nine games under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (8/22).
- Anthony Martial has now been directly involved in 50 Premier League goals (33 goals, 17 assists), more than any other Manchester United player since his debut in September 2015.
- Via his assist for Anthony Martial, Manchester United defender Phil Jones registered his first goal involvement in 87 Premier League appearances, since an assist against Norwich in April 2014.
Manchester United Line Up
De Gea, Dalot, Jones, Smalling, Shaw, Herrera, Matic, Mata, Pogba, Martial, Lukaku
Subs: Romero, Bailly, Sanchez, Rashford, Lingard, Young, McTominay
Fulham Starting Line Up
Rico, Odoi, Le Marchand, Ream, Vietto, Chambers, Seri, Bryan, Schurrle, Babel, Mitrovic
Subs: Fabri, Sessegnon, Kebano, Cairney, Ayite, Christie, Anguissa
United make six changes from the win at Leicester on Sunday; Dalot, Jones, Smalling, Mata, Lukaku and Martial are in, replacing Young, Bailly, Lindelof, Lingard, Rashford and Sanchez.
Fulham make two changes from the defeat at Palace last weekend; Cairney and Christie go out, with Vietto and Schurrle coming in.
Stats Ahead Of The Match
- Fulham have won just three of their 27 Premier League games against Manchester United (D5 L19), with two of those victories coming at Craven Cottage in 2009.
- Manchester United are unbeaten in 10 Premier League contests against Fulham, winning eight and drawing two.
- Only against Arsenal (20) have Fulham lost more Premier League matches than they have versus Man Utd (19).
- Fulham have won two of their last three home Premier League games (L1), as many as they had in their previous 11 at Craven Cottage (W2 D5 L4). They’ve not won back-to-back home games in the competition since April 2013.
- Manchester United are unbeaten in their eight Premier League games under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (W7 D1), netting 20 goals and conceding just six. They are looking to win six consecutive away games in all competitions for the first time since May 2009.
- Fulham have lost 22 of their last 23 Premier League meetings with ‘big six’ sides (D1) since beating Spurs 1-0 in March 2013, losing all eight this season by an aggregate score of 5-25.
- Fulham manager Claudio Ranieri has picked up just two wins in his 13 Premier League matches against Man Utd (W2 D6 L5), losing the last three in a row. Only versus Arsenal (5) and Charlton (4) has Ranieri lost four consecutive Premier League games versus a single opponent.
Valencia faces a couple of weeks out after suffering an injury setback, while Darmian also faces several weeks out.
Marcos Rojo has returned to training this week after his own injury setback but looks unlikely to feature at Craven Cottage.
For Fulham, New signings Lazar Markovic and Havard Nordtveit are in contention to feature for Fulham.
Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa is also pushing for a place on the bench, having recovered his fitness.
Alfie Mawson and Marcus Bettinelli both miss out due to knee injuries, and the on-loan Timothy Fosu-Mensah is ineligible against his parent club.
Ole Solskjaer On Winning Trophies
“Well, challenging for every trophy there is of course,” he said.
“That is what we should be about. We have to move slowly because we are fifth at the moment. It seemed like we were never going to move away from that sixth position.
“There are six very good teams that will all challenge for the trophies. We have got the resources, infrastructure, history to move towards the top.
“That is the only way we should think of things at Manchester United.”
“If we don’t dream, if we don’t have that vision of where we are going then we will just falter so for me I am only used to this club challenging for trophies. That is where I see us.”
Fulham have had rough weeks, managing just a win in their last six games and will face a tough task, when they host Solskjaer’s Manchester United on Saturday, 9th February.
Manchester United have gone nine games without defeat, since the managerial mantle was placed on Solskjaer and will be expected to continue their fine form against Fulham…….. Team News.. Coming Up