Chelsea 5 – 0 Huddersfield Town Football Highlights
(English Premier League)
Key Moments Recap
16″1 – 0 : This goal owes a lot to Kante’s vision as he plays a brilliant disguised reverse pass into the box for Higuain, who doesn’t even need to take a touch, he just runs onto it and fires past Lossl at his near post.
Sharp finish from the striker.
45″ 2 – 0 : Azpicilueta drives forward towards the box. He’s tracked by Kachunga, who appears to trip him right on the edge of the area.
No mistake from Hazard as he fires into the left corner as Lossl dives the other way.
66″ 3 – 0: Hazard surely puts an end to Huddersfield’s hopes with a fine goal.
He effortlessly controls a pass from Barkley, takes the ball around Lossl and then fires into the far side of the goal.
69″ 4 – 0 : After Hazard scored his second, Higuain follows suit, curling a brilliant first-time shot into the corner from around 20 yards out.
It took a deflection off Kongolo which helped it towards goal.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals(5 – 0) And Cards
⚽16′ Gonzalo Higuain 1 – 0
⚽ 45′ Eden Hazard (pen.) 2 – 0
⚽66′ Eden Hazard 3 – 0
⚽69′ Gonzalo Higuain 4 – 0
⚽86′ David Luiz 5 – 0
Watch The Highlights Below
Chelsea FC : Kepa (6), Alonso (6), Luiz (7), Christensen (7), Azpilicueta (7), Jorginho (6), Kante (7), Barkley (6), Willian (7), Hazard (9), Higuain (8)
Subs: Kovacic (5), Hudson-Odoi (5), Loftus-Cheek (5)
Huddersfield Town FC : Lossl (5), Smith (5), Kongolo (5), Schindler (5), Lowe (5), Bacuna (5), Billing (5), Mooy (5), Mbenza (4), Kachunga (5), Diakhaby (5)
Subs: Mounie (5), Grant (5), Pritchard (5)
Man Of The Match : Eden Hazard
Stats After The Game
- Chelsea have only lost one of their last 16 home Premier League games (W9 D6).
- Huddersfield have failed to score in a league-high 13 different Premier League games this season.
- Chelsea scored five goals in a Premier League game for the first time since December 2017, when they beat Stoke 5-0 at Stamford Bridge.
- After winning their first ever Premier League game in London (3-0 vs Crystal Palace), Huddersfield have won none of their last seven trips to the capital in the competition (D1 L6), netting just one goal in that time.
- Chelsea striker Gonzalo Higuain has scored 38 goals in 37 league appearances under manager Maurizio Sarri.
- Eden Hazard registered his 200th and 201st goal involvements in his top-flight league career (117 goals, 84 assists), with 130 of those coming at Chelsea.
- Gonzalo Higuain became the first Chelsea player to score twice on their home league debut for the club since Mario Stanic vs West Ham in August 2000.
- Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante provided two assists in a single league match for the first time in his top-flight career.
Previous Premier League Outing
AFC Bournemouth 4 – 0 Chelsea FC Highlights
Huddersfield Town : Lossl, Smith, Kongolo, Schindler, Lowe, Bacuna, Billing, Mooy, Mbenza, Kachunga, Diakhaby
Subs: Hamer, Grant, Pritchard, Mounie, Zanka, Hadergjonaj, Puncheon
Chelsea FC : Kepa, Alonso, Luiz, Christensen, Azpilicueta, Jorginho, Kante, Barkley, Willian, Hazard, Higuain
Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Pedro, Loftus-Cheek, Kovacic, Giroud, Hudson-Odoi
Stats Ahead Of The Game
- Chelsea have lost just one of their last 16 matches against Huddersfield in all competitions (W11 D4), a 0-1 defeat in the League Cup third round in October 1999.
- In the top-flight, Huddersfield are winless in 10 matches against Chelsea (D4 L6) since winning 1-0 in October 1954.
- Chelsea haven’t lost any of their last 14 home league matches against ‘Town’ sides (W11 D3) since a 1-3 defeat to Luton Town in September 1986.
- Chelsea have failed to score in three of their last six home Premier League games, more than they had in their previous 21 combined in the competition (2).
- Chelsea are looking to avoid three consecutive Premier League defeats for the first time since November 2015.
- Huddersfield have won none of their 19 Premier League games against sides who aren’t newly-promoted to the division this season (W0 D3 L16), with their two wins coming against Fulham and Wolves.
- The side starting the day bottom have lost 11 of their last 12 away Premier League games against ‘big six’ sides, by an aggregate score of 3-36. The only exception was a West Brom victory against Man Utd at Old Trafford last season.
- Huddersfield striker Laurent Depoitre has scored both of Huddersfield’s Premier League goals against Chelsea, netting at the John Smith’s Stadium in December 2017 and Stamford Bridge in May 2018.
- The last permanent Huddersfield manager to win his first away league match in charge was Neil Warnock in August 1993, a 3-2 win at Rotherham United in the third tier.
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard has had a hand in nine goals in his last seven Premier League appearances against sides starting the day bottom (5 goals, 4 assists).
- In 13 of the last 14 Premier League matches Huddersfield’s Jason Puncheon has started, the side he’s been playing for has failed to score (10 for Crystal Palace, 3 for Huddersfield).