Cardiff City 2 – 0 AFC Bournemouth Football Highlights
(English Premier League)
Key Moments Recap
5″ 1 – 0 : No mistaking from Reid, who sends Boruc the wrong way to lift the sombre mood around the Cardiff City Stadium.
He and the rest of the players on the field run towards the dug out, where Reid holds up a shirt with Emiliano Sala’s picture on it, which gets a nice round of applause from the fans around the ground. A nice touch.
46″ 2-0 : Neil Warnock isn’t even back in the dugout for the second half, but Cardiff double their lead after some great, quick thinking!
15 seconds after the kick off, Gunnarsson plays a ball forward which Reid latches onto over on the right-hand side – although he may have been slightly offside. He bursts towards the box before rounding the oncoming Boruc and rolling the ball into an empty net.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals(2 – 0) And Cards
⚽5′ Bobby Reid (pen.) 1 – 0
⚽46′ Bobby Reid 2 – 0
🌕50′ Sol Bamba |🌕Nathaniel Clyne
🌕75′ Adam Smith
Watch The Highlights Below
Cardiff City FC :
Afc Bournemouth :
Man Of The Match :
Previous Premier League Outing
PL : AFC Bournemouth 4 – 0 Chelsea FC Highlights
Stats Ahead Of The Match
- Cardiff are winless in five home matches against Bournemouth in all competitions (D3 L2) since a 2-1 win in a third tier match in April 1994.
- Bournemouth have only won two of their 16 away league matches against Cardiff (D6 L8), with Eddie Howe featuring for the Cherries the last time they did so in March 2000.
- Cardiff have failed to score in their last two Premier League home games, attempting just eight shots and three shots on target (W0 D1 L1).
- No side have drawn more Premier League games 0-0 than Cardiff this season (4). Indeed their four goalless draws this season is more than Bournemouth have had in their last two campaigns combined in the competition (3).
- Bournemouth have lost their last six away Premier League games, conceding at least twice each time. They’ve not lost seven in a row on the road in league football since October 1994.
- Only Fulham (30) have conceded more away Premier League goals this season than Bournemouth (25).
- In 2019, only Accrington Stanley (0) have scored fewer goals in the top four tiers of English league football than Cardiff City (1).
- Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson has scored seven goals in his last six Premier League starts against newly promoted teams, netting one against Cardiff earlier this season.
- On the day of this match, it will be 19 years and 102 days since Cardiff manager Neil Warnock hosted Bournemouth in a league match – a 2-2 draw as Bury manager at Gigg Lane in October 1999.
- Cardiff winger Nathaniel Mendez-Laing scored his first Premier League goal in their 1-2 defeat to Arsenal, meaning he has scored in all four English league divisions since the 2014-15 season, one of only two players to achieve this feat in that time along with Alfie Mawson.