Cardiff City 0 – 3 Everton Football Highlights
Venue : Cardiff City Stadium
Key Moments Recap :Goal : 41′ 0 – 1 Gylfi Sigurdsson
Coleman runs down the right before looking up and picking out the Icelander in the middle, and he sweeps the ball into the far corner from 15 yards to net his 56th Premier League goal, and in doing so leapfrog Eidur Gudjohnsen to become the top-scoring Icelandic player in the league’s history.
Goals : 66′ 0 – 2 Gylfi Sigurdsson
Gueye has plenty of time to run before picking out the Brazilian on the left, he shows some quick feet to beat Manga before getting past the defender and shooting from a tight angle.
Etheridge’s dive keeps the ball out but Sigurdsson fires the rebound into the top corner with a superb finish to double the lead on the night.
Goals : 90′ 0 – 3 Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Gueye plays the ball into the path of Calvert-Lewin 25 yards out, with Cardiff’s defenders at sixes and sevens, and Etheridge can only palm his powerful effort from the edge of the area into the bottom corner. A good way for the 21-year-old to mark his 100th league appearance,
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (0-3) And Cards
🌕7′ Leandro Bacuna
🌕14′ Sean Morrison
⚽41′ 0 – 1 Gylfi Sigurdsson
🌕50′ Lucas Digne
⚽66′ 0 – 2 Gylfi Sigurdsson
🌕81′ Josh Murphy
⚽90′ 0 – 3 Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Watch The Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Cardiff City : Etheridge (6), Manga (4), Bamba (6), Morrison (6), Bennett (5), Mendez-Laing (6), Bacuna (5), Gunnarsson (5), Hoilett (4), Zohore (6), Reid (5).
Subs: Paterson (6), Murphy (5), Ward (n/a).
Everton FC : Pickford (6), Coleman (7), Jagielka (6), Keane (7), Digne (7), Schneiderlin (6), Gueye (7), Walcott (7), Sigurdsson (8), Richarlison (5), Calvert-Lewin (7)
Subs: Bernard (7), Lookman (n/a), Gomes (n/a).
Man Of The Match : Gylfi
- Cardiff have won just one of their last six home league games (D1 L4), after winning four of the five before that (L1).
- Everton have done the league double over Cardiff for the first time since 1928-29.
- Cardiff have never won a midweek Premier League game (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday), drawing three and losing seven. They’ve scored just two goals in those 10 games and have conceded at least twice in each defeat.
- Cardiff are the only side to fail to direct a single shot on target in more than one home Premier League game this season, doing so against Everton and against Huddersfield in January.
- Everton scored with their first two shots on target and with three of their four shots on target overall in the game.
- Everton’s Gylfi Sigurdsson has been involved in more Premier League goals in games played in Wales than any other player (35 – 14 goals, 21 assists in 68 appearances).
- Everton’s Gylfi Sigurdsson is now the Premier League’s outright top-scoring Icelandic player with 57 goals, eclipsing Eidur Gudjohnsen’s haul of 55.
- Gylfi Sigurdsson has scored 15 Premier League goals for Everton since the start of the 2017-18 season, five more than any other player.
Head To Head
Both sides have met 36 times in the past and the Blues have had a very slim advantage on paper, winning 14 times, while Cardiff City have won the clash 13 times. 9 resulting in draws