Andrew Cancio Stops Alberto Machado In Round Four Wins WBA Title
WBA Junior lightweight world titleholder Alberto Machado (21-0, 17 KOs) will make his third defense when he faces Andrew Cancio (19-4-2, 14 KOs) in the main event , while junior featherweight world titlist Rey Vargas will defend against Franklin Manzanilla in the co-feature on Feb. 9 (DAZN) at the Fantasy Springs Resort Casino in Indio, California.
Machado is coming off an impressive first-round knockout of Yuandale Evans on Oct. 27 while Cancio, a huge underdog has won two fights in a row since a ninth-round knockout loss to Joseph Diaz Jr. in September 2016.
Fight Card Details
- Alberto Machado vs. Andrew Cancio, 12 rounds, for Machado’s WBA “regular” junior lightweight title
Rey Vargas defs. Franklin Manzanilla Via Unanimous Decision (117- 108)×3 Retains WBC title
- Joseph Diaz vs. Charles Huerta, 10 rounds, junior lightweights
- Genaro Gamez vs. Ivan Delgado, 8 rounds, lightweights
- Oscar Duarte vs. Adrian Estrella, 10 rounds, lightweights
Azat Hovhannisyan defs. Lolito Sonsona Via KO Round Five
Tureano Johnson Vs. Fernando Castaneda Ends A Split Draw
- Ferdinand Kerobyan vs. TBA, 8 rounds, junior middleweights
- Rommel Caballero vs. TBA, 6 rounds, junior lightweights