Wolverhampton Wanderers 4 – 3 Leicester City Football Highlights
(English Premier League )
Venue : Ethiad Stadium
Key Moments Recap :
4″ : Seconds after Schmeichel’s stunning save the Leicester goalkeeper is breached for the first time. It comes from another great ball in from the right as Moutinho’s cross is dispatched by Diogo Jota, who outmuscles Simpson to finish from close range.
12″: Ryan Bennett doubles Wolves’ lead from another Joao Moutinho assist. This time is comes from a corner as the Portuguese whips a cross into the six-yard box. Maguire has two defenders to mark, deals with the first but cannot prevent the late-arriving Bennett powering a header past Schmeichel.
47″ : Demarai Gray grabs a lifeline for Leicester as they start the second half with a bang. Vardy pounces on a loose ball after Bennett misjudges the flight on the ball and releases Gray into space with a great through ball. From there on it’s all down to Gray, who shifts away from Saiss before picking out the far corner with low strike. Game on!
Goals (4-3) And Cards
🌕2′ Nampalys Mendy
⚽4′ Diogo Jota 1 – 0
⚽12′ Ryan Bennett 2 – 0
🌕44′ Ryan Bennett
🌕45′ Diogo Jota |🌕Ricardo Pereira
⚽47′ 2 – 1 Demarai Gray
⚽51′ 2 – 2 (o.g.) Conor Coady
🌕58′ Wilfred Ndidi
⚽64′ Diogo Jota 3 – 2
🌕86′ Jonny Castro
⚽87′ 3 – 3 Wes Morgan
⚽90′ Diogo Jota 4 – 3
Watch The Highlights Below
Wolverhampton Wanderers : Patricio (6), Bennett (6), Coady (6), Saiss (6), Vinagre (6), Dendoncker (6), Moutinho (7), Neves (7), Jonny (6), Jimenez (7), Jota (9)
Subs: Doherty (6), Gibbs-White (6)
Leicester City : Schmeichel (7), Simpson (6), Morgan (6), Maguire (6), Chilwell (7), Ricardo (6), Mendy (6), Ndidi (7), Barnes (7), Gray (7), Vardy (7)
Subs: Evans (6), Maddison (7), Iheanacho (6)
Man Of The Match : diogo Jota
- Wolves were two goals up at half-time for only the fourth time in the Premier League, winning all four of those games
- Leicester have lost five of their last eight Premier League games (W3) after going six games without defeat directly before that (W2 D4)
- Wolves have netted three 90+ minute winners in the Premier League this season, more than any other side
- Leicester goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel conceded his 200th goal in the Premier League in his 156th game in the competition (now 202). It took his father Peter Schmeichel 241 games to hit the 200 goals conceded mark in the English top-flight
- Joao Moutinho is the first Wolves player to provide two assists in a Premier League game since Kevin Doyle versus Swansea in April 2012
- Wolves defender Conor Coady is the ninth player to score an own goal in consecutive Premier League appearances, and the first since Leighton Baines in October 2012 for Everton against Liverpool
- Leicester’s Wes Morgan netted a Premier League goal for the first time in his last 73 appearances in the competition, since scoring for the Foxes against Swansea in August 2016
Other Football Highlights
Leicester City Starting XI: Schmeichel, Simpson, Morgan, Maguire, Chilwell, Ricardo, Mendy, Ndidi, Barnes, Gray, Vardy.
Subs: Ward, Evans, Fuchs, Albrighton, Choudhury, Maddison, Iheanacho.
Wolves Starting XI: Patricio, Bennett, Coady, Saiss, Vinagre, Dendoncker, Moutinho, Neves, Jonny, Jimenez, Jota.
Subs: Ruddy, Doherty, Giles, Gibbs-White, Traore, Cavaleiro, Costa.