Tottenham Hotspur 1 – 0 Chelsea FC Football Highlights
(English Carabao Cup )
Venue : Wembley Stadum
Key Moments Recap :
25” PENALTY VAR Controversial Call…..! A long ball over the top gets Kane racing through on goal. Kepa comes flying out of 82′ Erik Lamelahis goal and flattens Kane. Everyone screams for a penalty but the offside flag is up!
VAR is checking the offside. Michael Oliver has his hand to his ear for two minutes while they assess the lines on the pitch. The lines show he was just about level with Azpilicueta’s foot.
In that case…..PENALTY AWARDED!!!!!
Goals (1-0) And Cards
🌕25′ Kepa Arrizabalaga
⚽27′ Harry Kane (pen.) 1 – 0
🌕29′ Harry Winks
🌕 59′ Davinson Sanchez
🌕82′ Erik Lamela
Watch The Highlights Below
Tottenham Hotspur: Gazzaniga (7), Trippier (6), Alderweireld (8), Sanchez (7), Rose (8), Winks (6), Sissoko (6), Eriksen (7), Dele (7), Son (7), Kane (7)
Subs: Lamela (NA), Skipp (NA), Llorente (NA)
Chelsea FC : Kepa (5), Azpilicueta (6), Christensen (5), Rudiger (6), Alonso (6), Jorginho (5), Kante (6), Barkley (6), Willian (5), Hazard (7), Hudson-Odoi (6)
Subs: Pedro (5), Kovacic (5), Giroud (NA)
Man Of The Match : Danny Rose
- Chelsea are just the second team to lose twice against the same opponent at Wembley in a single season, after Sheffield Wednesday against Arsenal in 1992/93, who lost the League Cup final and an FA Cup final replay to the Gunners.
- Kane is now the outright fourth highest goalscorer for Tottenham, scoring his 160th goal.
- Kane has scored in each of his last six games in all competitions for Tottenham, equalling his best ever streak for the club (6 games between Oct-Nov 2015).
- Pochettino took charge of his 250th match for Tottenham in this game – his record stands at 143 wins, 53 draws and 54 defeats.
- Hazard was fouled on seven occasions against Tottenham; the most fouls he has won in a single game this season – winning seven of Chelsea’s 10 free-kicks.
Other Football Highlights
Stats head Of The Clash
- This was Tottenham’s biggest margin of victory in a competitive match since they beat Wigan Athletic 9-1 in the Premier League in November 2009, and their biggest in the FA Cup since they beat Crewe 13-2 in a fourth round replay in February 1960.
- Son Heung-Min has been directly involved in 12 goals in his last six games for Tottenham in all competitions (seven goals, five assists), as many as he was in his previous 31 combined prior to this.
- Serge Aurier scored his first goal for Tottenham Hotspur since netting against Bournemouth in the Premier League in March 2018, 299 days ago.
- Aurier scored as many goals against Tranmere (two) as he had in his first 35 appearances for Tottenham in all competitions combined before this victory.
- Tottenham have already won as many away matches in all competitions this season (13 wins from 18 matches) than they managed in the entirety of 2017-18 (13 of 26).
- Heung-Min Son has been directly involved in 12 goals in his last six games for Tottenham in all competitions (seven goals, five assists), as many as he was in his previous 31 combined prior to this.
- Fernando Llorente has scored his second hat-trick for Tottenham Hotspur, with both coming in his last two starts in the FA Cup (also v Rochdale in February 2018).
- Harry Kane has scored nine goals in his last eight FA Cup appearances, with eight of those coming against opposition from outside the Premier League.
Lucas Moura will be missing for Tottenham after picking up a knee injury in the 7-0 FA Cup win at Tranmere on Friday.Erik Lamela has recovered from illness, but Eric Dier (appendicitis) and Victor Wanyama (knee) are still out along with Mousa Dembele (ankle) and Jan Vertonghen (groin).Paulo Gazzaniga has played all of Spurs’ domestic cup ties so far this season and is set to remain in goal.Pedro, Willian (hamstring) and Olivier Giroud (ankle) could return from injury for Chelsea.Mateo Kovacic may return after illness forced him to sit out Saturday’s FA Cup win over Nottingham Forest but Ruben Loftus-Cheek (back) is out and Cesc Fabregas is closing on a move to Monaco.