Newcastle United 2 – 1 Manchester City Football Highlights
(English Premier League)
Note : A Pep Guardiola Win Today Would have Seen Him Beat Jose Mourinho’s Record Of 73 Victories In The First 100 Games In The First 100 Premier League Games.
Key Moments Recap
1″ 0 – 1 : Just 25 seconds after kick-off, City take the lead.
Sterling cuts in from the right side of the box and curls the ball towards the back post. David Silva gets to it ahead of Dubravka and stoops to head into the middle where Aguero fires into the net.
1-1 : A cross from the left comes out to the edge of the box and is headed forward towards a crowd of bodies. There’s three defenders around Rondon but he still manages to get off a volley that flies into the bottom corner from 10 yards out.
2-1 : Ritichie has to wait for ages as Ederson gets checked out by the medical team for an injury. Ederson stays on the pitch but he can’t keep out the penalty as Ritichie fires it hard and low past the goalkeeper.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (2-1) And Cards
⚽1′ 0 – 1 Sergio Aguero
🌕17′ Kevin De Bruyne
🌕34′ Raheem Sterling
🌕54′ Ayoze Perez
⚽66′ Salomon Rondon 1 – 1
🌕72′ Fabian Schar
⚽80′ Matt Ritchie (pen.) 2 – 1
🌕90′ Aymeric Laporte
Watch The Highlights Below (Arsenal Vs Chelsea)
Newcastle United : Dubravka (6), Yedlin (7), Lejeune (7) Schar (7), Lascelles (7), Ritchie (7), Hayden (7), Longstaff (7), Atsu (6), Perez (6), Rondon (8)
Subs: Manquillo (5), Kenedy (5)
Manchester City FC : Ederson (5), Walker (5), Stones (5), Laporte (5), Danilo (4), Fernandinho (4), David Silva (5), De Bruyne (5), Sane (5), Sterling (5), Aguero (6)
Subs: Bernardo Silva (5), Jesus (5), Gundogan (5)
Man Of The Match : Salomon Rondon
Previous Premier League Outing
Huddersfield Town 0 – 3 Manchester City Premier League Highlights
- Newcastle are winless in their last 22 Premier League games against Man City (D3 L19) – both Newcastle’s longest winless run and Man City’s longest unbeaten run against any top-flight opponent.
- Man City have taken 46 points from their last 48 available against Newcastle (W15 D1 L0), scoring 45 goals and conceding nine in that run.
- Newcastle scored more goals in their last Premier League game against Cardiff (3) than they had in their previous five in the competition (2). It was also the first time they’d scored more than twice in a league game this term.
- Man City have scored the opening goal a league-high 20 times in Premier League games this season (W18 D0 L2), while Newcastle have lost all 11 of their games in which they’ve conceded first – the highest such 100% defeat record this season.
- Newcastle have won four of their last six home Premier League games against sides starting the day in the top two, losing against Arsenal in December 2013 and Man City in December 2017.
- This will be Man City manager Pep Guardiola’s 100th Premier League game in charge. He’s won 73 of his 99 so far (D15 L11) – the record for most wins by a manager in their opening 100 matches in the competition is 73, held by Jose Mourinho.
- Man City’s Sergio Aguero has scored 14 goals in his 12 Premier League appearances against Newcastle – more than any player has scored against an opponent for a single club in the competition’s history.
- Man City’s Raheem Sterling is currently on 99 goal involvements in his Premier League career (59 goals, 40 assists in 212 games).