Manchester United 2 – 2 Burnley Football Highlights
(English Premier League)
Venue : Old Trafford
Key Moments Recap
0 – 1 :Burnley are ahead and it’s a shocking error from Andreas Pereira.
He loses out, 40 yards from his own goal, and Cork capitalises. He feeds Barnes, and his unleashes a fierce effort which ends up near the centre of the goal into the roof of the net!
0 – 2 : Westwood has it on the edge, sticks a first-time cross into Wood, and he’s just onside with Lindelof playing him on.
He glances a fine header into the bottom left corner past De Gea, and Solskjaer’s 100 per cent record is all but over!
1 – 2 : pogba : That trademark slow run-up, and a fine finish into the top left corner past the stretch of Heaton!
2 – 2 : Young curls one back post, Sanchez’s header is brilliantly kept out by Heaton, but Lindelof is there to slam it back into the roof of the net!
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (2-2 ) And Cards
⚽51′ 0 – 1 Ashley Barnes
60′ Ashley Barnes
🌕72′ Juan Mata
🌕73′ Charlie Taylor
⚽81′ 0 – 2 Chris Wood
⚽88′ Paul Pogba (pen.) 1 – 2
⚽90′ Victor Lindelof 2 – 2
🌕90′ Jack Cork
Watch The Highlights Below (Arsenal Vs Chelsea)
Manchester United : De Gea (5), Young (5), Lindelof (6), Jones (5), Shaw (6), Matic (6), Pogba (6), Pereira (4), Mata (5), Rashford (5), Lukaku (5)
Subs: Lingard (6), Sanchez (5)
Burnley FC : Heaton (8), Bardsley (7), Tarkowski (8), Mee (8), Taylor (8), McNeil (7), Westwood (7), Cork (7), Hendrick (6), Barnes (7), Wood (7)
Subs: Gudmundsson (NA)
Man Of The Match : Tom Heaton
Previous Premier League Outing
Tottenham Hotspur 0 – 1 Manchester United Premier League
- Since losing their first ever Premier League meeting against them in August 2009, Man Utd are unbeaten in their last eight against Burnley (W5 D3), keeping six clean sheets in that time.
- Burnley are winless in their last 19 away games against United in all competitions (D7 L12), since winning 5-2 in a top-flight game in September 1962.
- United have a higher win rate in games played on Tuesdays (62.5%) than any other side in Premier League history, winning 30 of their 48 such matches.
- Tuesday is the only day of the week on which Burnley manager Sean Dyche has never lost a Premier League game, winning three and drawing two of his five games.
- Since beating Chelsea on the opening weekend of the 2017-18 season, Burnley are winless in their last eight away league games against ‘big six’ sides, losing the last four in a row by an aggregate score of 1-14.
- 45% of Burnley’s 22 points won in the Premier League this season have come in their last four games (W3 D1 L0), while 41% of Man Utd’s 44 points this season have come in their six games under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
- Burnley have opened the scoring in just six different Premier League games this season (W4 D1 L1) – only Cardiff (3) have done so in fewer matches.
- Romelu Lukaku has had a hand in six goals in his six Premier League starts against Burnley, scoring four and assisting two.
- Marcus Rashford has scored in his last four Premier League appearances for Man Utd – should he score in this match, he would be the third youngest player to score in five in a row in the Premier League, behind Nicolas Anelka in 1998 and Jose Antonio Reyes in 2004.