Manchester City 2 – 1 Liverpool Football Highlights
(English Premier League)
Goals (2-1) And Cards
🌕20′ Dejan Lovren
🌕31′ Vincent Kompany
🌕38′ Georginio Wijnaldum
⚽40′ Sergio Aguero 1 – 0
🌕45′ Aymeric Laporte
⚽64′ 1 – 1 Roberto Firmino
⚽72′ Leroy Sane 2 – 1
🌕89′ Bernardo Silva
Latest News : Dominic Solanke Completes Move To Bournemouth
Watch The Highlights Below
Manchester City : Ederson 7, Danilo 7, Kompany 7, Stones 7, Laporte 6, Fernandinho 8, Bernardo Silva 8, Sterling 6, David Silva 6, Sane 8, Aguero 8. Subs: Gundogan 6, Walker n/a, Otamendi n/a.
Liverpool FC : Alisson 6, Alexander-Arnold 7, Lovren 6, Van Dijk 7, Robertson 7, Henderson 6, Milner 6, Wijnaldum 6, Salah 6, Firmino 7, Mane 6. Subs: Fabinho 6, Shaqiri 6, Sturridge n/a.
Man Of The Match : Fernandinho (Man City)
- Man City ended Liverpool’s unbeaten Premier League start to the season in the 21st match – only Arsenal in 2003-04 (38 games), Man Utd in 2010-11 (24) and Man City in 2017-18 (22) have had longer unbeaten starts to a Premier League season.
- This was only Man City’s second win in their last 12 matches against Liverpool in all competitions (D3 L7), winning at the Etihad in the Premier League in each of the last two seasons.
- Since the start of the 2011-12 season, Sergio Aguero has scored 37 Premier League goals for Man City in meetings between ‘big six’ clubs – 16 more than any other player.
- Liverpool have lost 10 of their 25 matches in all competitions under Jurgen Klopp in the month of January (W8 D7), making up 29% of his total defeats as Reds boss (10 of 35).
- Sergio Aguero has scored in all seven of his Premier League appearances for Manchester City against Liverpool at the Etihad, scoring one goal in each game.
- Since the start of last season, Leroy Sane has been involved in 26 goals in 25 home Premier League appearances for Manchester City (9 goals, 17 assists).
- Roberto Firmino has scored his 10th goal of the season for Liverpool in all competitions, registering double figures for the fourth consecutive season (11 in 2015-16, 12 in 2016-17, 27 in 2017-18).
- Firmino has scored four goals in his last two league games for Liverpool as many as in his previous 23 matches for the Reds.
- Four of Leroy Sane’s 22 PL goals have been v Liverpool – more than against any other side.
- Sané has been directly involved in 26 goals (9 goals and 17 assists) in 25 league games at the Etihad Stadium since the beginning of last season.
- Man City are the first team to score 2+ goals against Liverpool in 24 PL matches, since West Brom in April 2018.
Other Football Highlights
Kloop On Premier League Winning Formula
“If it happens, we will see how we deal with it,” he said. “There is nothing we can prepare. It sounds like a luxury problem to be honest.
“I didn’t write it down when I was at Dortmund, saying ‘we dealt with it like that’ – we didn’t deal with it like that. We will see. It’s life and in life you always find a solution as long as you are healthy.
“Our people have learnt a lot in the last couple of years. They trust the team again and all the things around are not important. You need luck with players injury-wise and in the games, you need all that, the key moments, and we don’t know if that will happen.
“We don’t think about it really – that’s the truth. Who thinks in January about being champions? When I was with Dortmund, we were always in the tunnel because we had no time to think about anything else.”
Pep Guardiola On Liverpool Team
“They are solid in behind. In the positional game when the opponents defend deep they had problems attacking them but now they are able to attack them really well.“In the transition as always, they are so good. In the set-pieces they are a massive, tall team. So it is a team that can control all areas. That is why I am saying what I am saying.“In front they play the same players, but in the middle they have changed a little and especially at the back. They have changed a lot of players at the back. And they know each other better. They have had four or five seasons together.”
Jurgen Klopp On Manchester City And Title Race
“Now, we are in a really good moment, that’s true, but we have to go to Manchester City and play all the other big ones apart from Arsenal,” he said.“It’s football. I don’t need to know now what will be in May. Who can’t really live with the time between now and May? Go on holiday and switch everything off then come back in May and see what happened. I cannot change that. I don’t want to. I want to enjoy the ride until May!“For us, the target was to qualify for the Champions League and even that is not sure because the others can win 17 games in a row.“We have to only be focused on us and that’s what we do and so far, the mood in the club and around has got better and better. We will see where that leads us to.”