Chelsea 0 – 0 Southampton Football Highlights
(English Premier League)
Venue : Stanford Bridge
Goals (0-0) And Cards
🌕30′ Jan Bednarek
🌕74′ Antonio Rudiger
🌕79′ Oriol Romeu
Watch The Highlights Below
Chelsea FC : Kepa 6, Azpilcueta 6, Rudiger 7, Luiz 7, Alonso 7, Kante 5, Jorginho 5, Barkley 4, Willian n/a, Morata 5, Hazard 6. Subs: Fabregas 6,
Southampton FC : Gunn 9, Cedric 8, Yoshida 9,
Vestergaard 7, Bednarek 7, Valery 9, Romeu 6, Ward-Prowse 5, Armstrong 6, Ings 5, Redmond 4…Subs: Long 4, Austin n/a, Stephens n/a.
Man Of The Match : Angus Gunn (Southampton)
- Angus Gunn (22y 346d) is the youngest English goalkeeper to start their first Premier League match since Jordan Pickford (21y 315d) on January 16th 2016 (for Sunderland vs Spurs).
- The Blues have netted just four goals in their past five games.
- Southampton have only won four of their 20 visits to Stamford Bridge in the Premier League (D6 L11), most recently a 3-1 win over Jose Mourinho’s Blues in October 2015.
- Chelsea have failed to score in three of their last five Premier League games at Stamford Bridge, as many as in their previous 22 in the competition.
- Southampton have drawn nine Premier League games by a 0-0 scoreline since the start of last season; two more than any other side.
- Southampton have recorded their first Premier League clean sheet since October, conceding 24 goals in their previous 10 before today.
- At 22 years and 346 days, Southampton’s Angus Gunn is the youngest English goalkeeper to keep a clean sheet on his Premier League debut since Ben Amos for Man Utd against Stoke in January 2012 (21 years, 295 days).
- Angus Gunn (1) has recorded more Premier League clean sheets at Stamford Bridge than his father Bryan did (0 in 3 attempts).
- Alvaro Morata has recorded 1.9 offsides per 90 this season, the most of any player to have played at least 90 minutes.
- Cesc Fabregas’ appearance for Chelsea vs Southampton is his 500th for English club sides in all competitions.
Other Football Highlights
Stats Ahead Of Clash
- Chelsea have won each of their last seven games against Southampton in all competitions, scoring two or more goals in six of those.
- Southampton have only won three of their 19 visits to Stamford Bridge in the Premier League (D5 L11), most recently a 3-1 win over Jose Mourinho’s Blues in October 2015.
- Southampton have lost nine of their last 11 Premier League matches in London (W2).
- Chelsea are playing their first Premier League game of a calendar year at home for the first time since 2013, when they lost 0-1 to QPR thanks to a Shaun Wright-Phillips strike.
- Southampton have not won consecutive Premier League away games since March 2017, when they won at Sunderland and Watford.
- Since keeping back-to-back clean sheets in October, Southampton have conceded at least once in their last 10 Premier League games – the longest current run in the competition.
- Southampton have dropped a league-high 15 points from winning positions in the Premier League this season
- Chelsea have not lost consecutive home Premier League matches since November 2011, when they lost to Arsenal and Liverpool.
- Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud has been directly involved in six goals in his last five appearances against Southampton in all competitions (five goals, one assist), with all four of his Premier League goals against them in this time coming as a substitute.
- Eden Hazard has had a hand in seven goals in his last six matches against Southampton for Chelsea in all competitions, scoring four and assisting three.