Chelsea 3 – 0 Sheffield Wednesday Football Highlights
(English FA Cup)
Venue : Stanford Bridge (London)
26″ 1 – 0 : Willian sends Westwood the wrong way with a calm, collected spot kick!
So nearly 1-0 down at one end, Chelsea are 1-0 up! This game has come to life, to say the least!
2 – 0 64″ Christensen lofts the ball over the top for Hudson-Odoi in the box, a fine delivery, but the youngster has Fox for company.
He turns him inside-out beautifully, and hits a left-foodted effort too strong for Westwood, who gets a hand to it. That should be that…
83″ 3-0 That’s three, and that’s that. Chelsea with an extremely safe passage into round five.
He picks the ball up on the left, plays a lovely one-two with Giroud, and curls a beauty into the far corner past Westwood. Brilliant goal.
Goals (3-0) And Cards
⚽26′ Willian (pen.) 1 – 0
🌕38′ Morgan Fox
⚽64′ Callum Hudson-Odoi 2 – 0
⚽83′ Willian 3-0
Watch The Highlights below
Chelsea FC : Caballero 6, Azpilicueta 7, Rüdiger 6, Christensen 6, Marcos Alonso 6, Ampadu 7,
Barkley 6, Kovacic 8, Hudson-Odoi 8, Higuaín 7, Willian 9. Subs: Jorginho N/A, Loftus-Cheek 5, Giroud 5.
Sheffield Wednesday FC : Westwood 7, Palmer 5, Fox 5, Pelupessy 5, Fletcher 5, Bannan 5, Thorniley 5, Lees 5, Reach 6, Boyd 5, Hutchinson 5. Subs: Nuhiu 5, Joao 5, Forestieri 5.
Man Of The Match : Willian (Chelsea)
- Callum Hudson-Odoi has been directly involved in five goals in his last five starts for Chelsea in all competitions (two goals, three assists).
- Willian has now scored 51 goals in all competitions for Chelsea, including 10 in 22 FA Cup appearances.
- Since his first appearance in the competition, only Olivier Giroud, Sergio Aguero and Romelu Lukaku (all 13) have scored more FA Cup goals than Willian.
Other Football Highlights
Sheffield Interim Manager
“It’s an amazing football club Sheffield Wednesday, fantastic fan-base and they will be very vocal on Sunday evening,” he added.
“I don’t think anybody involved in Sheffield Wednesday needs reminding because everybody realises how big the club is and the potential it has.
“But maybe a reminder to the rest of the football world that Sheffield Wednesday are playing in a huge game.”
Chelsea Assistant coach
“We’re talking about a player who has scored not only in Italy but everywhere, also in the Champions League.Chelsea assistant coach Gianfranco Zola says they need goals from new striker Gonzalo Higuain and is confident the player will succeed“I’m sure he can handle expectations. He’s always produced good numbers wherever he’s been. We’re going to help Higuain to get his goals.”
Stats Ahead Of The Game
- This is the 124th meeting in all competitions between Chelsea and Sheffield Wednesday but first since April 2000, a 1-0 win for the Owls at Hillsborough in the Premier League.
- Sheffield Wednesday have been eliminated from eight of their 10 FA Cup ties with Chelsea, last knocking them out in the 1965-66 semi-final.
- Chelsea have progressed from 47 of their last 49 FA Cup ties against non-Premier League sides, losing in March 2008 against Barnsley and January 2015 against Bradford City.
- Sheffield Wednesday are facing the holders of the FA Cup for the first time since the 1955-56 campaign, when they lost 1-3 against Newcastle in the third round.
- Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud has had a hand in seven goals in his last four FA Cup appearances against sides from outside the top-flight (5 goals, 2 assists), scoring in each of his last four appearances, including one for Chelsea against Hull.
Chelsea Starting XI:
Caballero; Zappacosta, Ampadu, Christensen, Alonso; Barkley, Kante, Kovacic; Willian, Higuain, Hudson-Odoi
Sheffield Wednesday Starting XI:
Westwood; Palmer, Lees, Hector, Fox; Reach, Boyd, Bannan, Hutchison, Matias; Fletcher