Brighton & Hove Albion 0 – 1 Liverpool Football Highlights
(English Premier League )
Key Moments Recap :
50 : That goal really is a setback for Brighton, who had defended well in the first half to keep Liverpool at bay.
Button guesses right and gets a hand to the penalty, but Salah strikes it with so much power that it flies into the net.
Goals (0-1) And Cards
⚽50′ 0 – 1 (pen.) Mohamed Salah
Watch The Highlights Below
Brighton & Hove Albion : Button 6, Montoya 6, Dunk 6, Duffy 7,
Bong 7, Gross 5, Propper 6, Stephens 6, March 5, Murray 5, Locadia 6. Subs: And one 6, Knockaert 5.
Liverpool FC : Alisson 6, Alexander-Arnold 7, Fabinho 7, Van Dijk 7, Robertson 7, Henderson 5, Wijnaldum 6, Shaqiri 5, Mane 6, Salah 7, Firmino 5. Subs: Milner 6, Keita n/a, Origi n/a.
Man Of The Match : Mo Salah (Liverpool).
- Salah has seven goals in his last seven Premier League games.
- The Egyptian is also the Premier League’s leading scorer with 14 goals this season.
- Salah now has three goals and two assists in four games against Brighton.
- Chris Hughton has now lost all seven games versus Liverpool as a manager.
- Liverpool have still never lost back-to-back Premier League games under Klopp.
- Liverpool have 57 points from 22 Premier League games this season; in English top-flight history, only Preston (58 in 1888-89), Tottenham (59 in 1960-61), Chelsea (61 in 2005-06) and Manchester City (62 in 2017-18) have ever had more at this stage when adjusting to three points for a win.
- Liverpool have conceded just 10 goals in their 22 league matches this season; only Chelsea in 2004-05 (eight goals) have ever conceded fewer after 22 matches in an English top-flight season.
- Brighton manager Chris Hughton has lost more league games to Liverpool in his managerial career (seven defeats from seven meetings) than any other side. His sides have conceded 26 goals across those seven games.
- This was Liverpool’s 50th clean sheet in the Premier League under Jurgen Klopp in their 128th match with the German in charge since his first in October 2015; 42% of those have come since Virgil van Dijk’s league debut in January 2018 (21 in 37 games since).
- Brighton have now lost as many games at the Amex Stadium in all competitions this season (four of 12) as they did in the entirety of 2017-18 on home soil (four of 22 matches).
- Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has scored the opening goal in nine Premier League games this season, at least three more than any other player.
- Of the last 10 Premier League penalties taken by left-footed players, six have failed to score – the other four have all been scored by Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah.
Other Football Highlights
Opta Stats Ahead Of The Game
LIVERPOOL Starting XI : Alisson, Robertson, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Alexander-Arnold, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Mane, Salah, Firmino
Subs: Mignolet, Milner, Keita, Moreno, Origi, Matip, Camacho
BRIGHTON Starting XI: Button, Montoya, Dunk, Duffy, Bong, Stephens, Propper, March, Gross, Locadia, Murray
Subs: Steele, Bruno, Kayal, Andone, Knockaert, Balogun, Sanders
Jurgen Klopp On PL Advantage After Cup Exit
“There’s no advantage, we will see it.
“When does the Champions League start? In February? It’s not even a month and then we talk again completely differently. It’s just the situation.
“Other teams played more games, they are still in competitions, but they can deal with it, you can see it.
“We could deal with it as well with the right number of players, that’s how it is, but that’s all. There’s no advantage, we have to use the time.
“I would love to still be in these competitions but we are not in. I know Pep (Guardiola) said already that he prefers to be in four competitions.
“Yeah, I would prefer the same. But we are not in, so we have to make the best of the time we have now and get as many points as possible.
“You have to use the time and really be week in, week out the best shape we can be, understand the job right, understand the challenge right, and go for it. That’s our job, nothing else.”