Southampton 1 – 2 West Ham United Football Highlights
(English Premier League – Boxing Day)
Venue : Vicarage Road
Kick Off – 8:30 pm
Goals (1 – 2) And Cards
⚽ 50′ Angelo Ogbonna (o.g.) 1 – 0
⚽53′ 1 – 1 Felipe Anderson
⚽59′ 1 – 2 Felipe Anderson
🌕66′ Matt Targett
🌕83′ Jan Bednarek
Watch The Highlights Below
Southampton FC : McCarthy 6, Targett 7, Bednarek 6,
Vestergaard 7, Yoshida 6, Valery 6, Romeu 6, Lemina 6, Armstrong 6, Redmond 7, Ings 6.
Subs: Austin N/A, Elyounoussi N/A, Long 5.
West Ham United FC : Fabianski 7, Cresswell 7, Ogbonna 7, Diop 6, Antonio 8, Rice 8, Obiang 7, Snodgrass 7, Anderson 9, Diangana 7, Perez 6. Subs: Carroll 6,
Masuaku N/A, Noble 5.
Man Of The Match : Felipe Anderson (West Ham)
- West Ham have won 15 points in the Premier League in December (P6 W5 D0 L1); their most in a single month of a season in competition history.
- After just one goal in his opening 10 Premier League appearances, Felipe Anderson has scored seven goals in his last nine.
- There were just 168 seconds between Southampton opening the scoring and West Ham equalising through Felipe Anderson’s strike.
- Southampton have dropped 15 points from winning positions in the Premier League this season; the most of any team in the competition, with 12 of those coming in home games.
- This was West Ham’s first Premier League away win after conceding the opening goal since May 2017, when they won 2-1 against Burnley at Turf Moor.
- After scoring just once in his opening 10 Premier League appearances, West Ham midfielder Felipe Anderson has scored seven goals in his last nine.
- Southampton have scored seven goals in four Premier League games under Ralph Hasenhuttl, as many as they had in their previous 10 games combined.
Other Football Highlights
West Ham United are going into the Southampton visit with hopes of going back into the win column, after seeing their four game winning run snapped by Watford during weekend.
Marco Arnautovic will also be hoping for a return, after missing the last game to injury and neededn due to a depleted team having eight injuries.
Southampton are on a three game winning run and will be hoping to make it four, as they welcome West Ham United to Saint Mary’s.
Southampton Injuries :
West Ham Injuries :
Opta Stats Ahead Of The Game
- Southampton have only lost one of their previous nine home league games against West Ham (W4 D4), with that lone defeat coming in February 2017 (1-3).
- West Ham are looking to win back-to-back games against Southampton in the Premier League for the first time since October 2001 (a run of four wins).
- After winning their first ever away game at Southampton in the Premier League (2-0 in November 1993), West Ham have won just two of 15 such games since (D6 L7).
- This match between Southampton and West Ham United will be the ninth Premier League match played on a Thursday since the start of 2016/17 – none of the previous eight have been won by the side playing at home (W0 D4 L4).
- Charlie Austin has never scored a Premier League goal on a Thursday (two games) but has scored on every other day of the week during his Premier League career. Should he score in his match, he’d be the 26th different player to score on every day of the week in the Premier League.