Liverpool 5 – 1 Arsenal Football Highlights
(English Premier League)
Goals (5 – 1) And Cards
⚽ 11′ 0 – 1 Ainsley Maitland-Niles
⚽14′ Roberto Firmino 1 – 1
⚽16′ Roberto Firmino 2 – 1
🌕26′ Andy Robertson
⚽32′ Sadio Mane 3 – 1
🌕33′ Granit Xhaka
⚽45′ Mohamed Salah (pen.) 4 – 1
⚽65′ Roberto Firmino (pen.) 5 – 1
Watch The Highlights Below
Liverpool Fc : Alisson 7, Robertson 7, Van Dijk 7, Lovren 7, Alexander-Arnold 7, Wijnaldum 8, Fabinho 6, Shaqiri 7, Mane 8, Salah 9, Firmino 10. Subs: Clyne N/A, Henderson 6, Lallana 5.
Arsenal FC : Leno 6, Lichsteiner 5, Sokratis 4, Mustafi 4, Kolasinac 5, Xhaka 5, Torreira 5, Ramsey 5, Maitland-Niles 6, Iwobi 7, Aubameyang 4. Subs:
Koscielny 5, Lacazette 5, Guendouzi 5.
Man Of The Match : Roberto Firmino (Liverpool)
- Arsenal versus Liverpool is now the highest scoring fixture in Premier League history (155 goals).
- Liverpool have accrued 54 points from their opening 20 Premier League games this season; when assuming three points for a win, only Chelsea (55 in 2005-06) and Manchester City (58 in 2017-18) have ever had more at this stage in English top-flight history.
- Arsenal conceded four goals in the first half of a Premier League game for the fourth time, with Liverpool responsible for two of those (Feb 2014 and today, as well as Man Utd in Feb 2001 and Chelsea in March 2014).
- Liverpool are now unbeaten in 31 Premier League games at Anfield (W22 D9), their joint-longest ever unbeaten home run in the competition, having also gone 31 without defeat between December 2007 and August 2009.
- Liverpool fell behind in a Premier League game at Anfield for the first time since 30th December 2017 against Leicester City, 364 days ago.
- Arsenal are now without a win in their last 20 away league games against fellow “big-six” opposition (D7 L13), losing 10 of their last 12 such matches (D2).
- Roberto Firmino has been directly involved in 11 goals in his eight Premier League games against Arsenal for Liverpool (8 goals, 3 assists), more than he has against any other opponent in the competition.
- Roberto Firmino’s hat-trick is the sixth to have been scored in fixtures between Arsenal and Liverpool in the Premier League – the most hat-tricks in a single fixture in Premier League history.
- Liverpool’s Roberto Firmino has become the third Brazilian player to score a Premier League hat-trick, after Robinho (for Man City v Stoke in Oct 2008) and Afonso Alves (for Middlesbrough v Man City in May 2008).
Other Football Highlights
Klopp On Unai Emery : “That is not how I know Unai Emery (to play mind games). I don’t think they will have the white flag and say ‘no chance’,” he said.
“It will be really tough game tomorrow night, really tough because they are good.“That is all I am interested in and all the rest is a nice little game where people respond to your questions and you make stories of the answers. We are focused on ourselves and that is all.”
Klopp On Moreno : “My door is not always literally open – but it is always open if somebody wants to talk to me. If they don’t talk to me, for me it does not really exist.
“That Alberto is not happy at not having that much minutes is obvious. The more important thing is that he never shows that in training – he is a fantastic professional.”
Klopp on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain : “[It’s the] best news. He started going on the pitch and from the first step he looked completely normal. Sometimes when players are coming back from injury and start running, you see them not really limping, but it’s not the picture you had in your mind.
“With Ox, from the first step, it looked like Ox. It was really nice, and then you had to wait for the reaction – there was no reaction, which is even nicer.
“No pressure on him, but it looks like it may be February back in normal training – late February, March, so that gives us hope that he will be back this season.
“We are usually not that excited about something like this, a lot of things can happen after being out for a long time, but it looks positive and it’s just nice to have him around with a smile on his face. He’s obviously happy and we are very happy with the improvement.”
Opta Stats Ahead Of The Game
Kick Off – 8:30 pm