Chelsea 0 – 1 Leicester City Football Highlights
(English Premier League)
Venue : Stanford Bridge
Kick Off – 4 pm
Recap So Far : Chelsea started out very strong, almost leading the game from thh first minute.. The ball just slept away from Willian at the crucial moment.
Leicester City kept their composure and created their own close Chance in the 9th, thanks to David Luiz they would be trailing. Hazard was able to hit the post with Chelsea’s first half clear cut chance in the game, before the break.
Leicester made Chelsea pay for their mistakes when a clinical Vardy got a laid on past just five minutes after the break.
Alonso was denied by the post in added time.
Goals (0-1) And Cards
🌕31′ Wilfred Ndidi
⚽51′ 0 – 1 Jamie Vardy
🌕81′ Nampalys Mendy
Watch The Highlights Below
Chelsea FC: Kepa 7, Azpilicueta 6, Luiz 6, Rudiger 5, Alonso 5, Kante 5, Jorginho 5, Kovacic 5, Pedro 6, Hazard 7, Willian 6. Subs – Loftus-Cheek 5, Giroud 5, Fabregas 5.
Leicester City FC : Schmeichel 7, Ricardo 7, Morgan 7, Maguire 8, Chilwell 8, Choudhury 7, Mendy 6, Ndidi 7, Albrighton 7, Maddison 8, Vardy 8. Subs – Gray 5, Iheanacho 5.
Man Of The Match : James Maddison (Leicester City)
- Chelsea have lost at home in the league for the first time in 13 games, since a 1-3 defeat to Tottenham in April (W7 D5).
- Leicester enjoyed a Premier League victory in London for the first time in 11 visits, since a 3-2 win at West Ham in March 2017 (D4 L6).
- Chelsea have failed to find the back of the net in two of their last four home Premier League games, as many as in their previous 21.
- Leicester have beaten Chelsea at Stamford Bridge for the first time in their last nine visits in all competitions (D2 L6).
- Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy has scored 13 goals in his last 15 Premier League appearances against the ‘big six’ sides.
- Courtesy of Jamie Vardy’s opener for Leicester, Chelsea conceded a home Premier League goal for the first time in four games, ending a run of 357 minutes without an opposition goal at Stamford Bridge.
- Jamie Vardy’s goal for Leicester was his first not to come from the penalty spot in his last 10 Premier League appearances, since scoring against Huddersfield in September.
Chelsea Starting 11 : Kepa, Alonso, Rudiger, Luiz, Azpilicueta, Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Willian, Pedro, Hazard
Subs: Caballero, Fabregas, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Giroud, Zappacosta, Cahill
Leicester City FC Starting 11: Schmeichel, Chilwell, Morgan, Maguire, Pereira, Mendy, Choudhury, Ndidi, Albrighton, Maddison, Vardy
Subs: Ward, Evans, Gray, Iheanacho, Okazaki, Iborra, Fuchs
Other Football Highlights