Like Our Facebook Page

Ray Borg Sacks Nutritionist, One Week To The Fight with Johnson

Ray Borg Sacks Nutritionist, One Week To The Fight with Johnson
1/10/2017


Ray Borg was pulled from his fight in UFC 215 last month due to UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson but he could still have a go at the champion I October seventh pay per view event UFC 216 at the T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas.



Ray Borg who is keen on making a few improvements to himself career - wise has shockingly parted ways with his nutritionist during build up for a fight that has a week left to prepare.

“I never had a problem making weight to begin with,” Borg said during UFC 216’s media conference call earlier this week. “I tried to add on a nutritionist to help me out, because I was getting a little older, and the weight was getting tougher to cut. But I just went back to doing the same ‘sh*t that got me to the show.”

He has refused to talk about reasons behind his decision but claims its “a lot more in depth than people know” and he believes he could easily cut down to desired weight without the use of a Nutritionist.

“I can’t say for the future, but for right now, it doesn’t make sense (to move up a division),” Borg said when asked about moving up to 135 pounds. “Because most bantamweights walk around at 155 and above. Me not trying to cut weight and just getting in shape, my body just gets down to 136, 137 easy. And that’s pretty small for a bantamweight, so, yeah, it makes sense for me to stay.”

It's been known in the UFC, that few Title Fights ever get to New date with the same opponents after been canceled due any issues that may have occurred in the first arrangement and in this case the Bout goes on, due to dept lacking in the flyweight.

“Sometimes you can’t put off the inevitable,” Borg said of his UFC 215 fallout. “Everyone at my camp was sick. My wife was sick. I was just banking on not catching it, but it happened. There’s not a whole lot you can do. I’ve been taking my proper vitamins and taking care of myself.”

Assuming nothing goes awry leading up to UFC 216 the underrated Borg will have the opportunity to stop Johnson from breaking Anderson Silva’s UFC record for most title defenses and retaining his belt for a staggering 11th time. That is enough incentive to make it to the Octagon on Oct. 7, so hopefully Borg can stay healthy and make the walk.

Demetrious Johnson is a fight away from breaking Anderson Silva’s UFC record for most title defenses and the Borg who no doubt is Underrated right now will have a chance of stopping home from achieving his record breaking 11th successful title defence, that's if nothing goes wrong as the first.
Share on Google Plus

About Jehoshaphat Ikpeme

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment